In order for Woodson Property Group, LLC dba Woodson Cabins to operate smoothly and protect the safety of our guests, we have some written rules and guidelines for you to follow. By booking your stay, you are agreeing to the below policies. Any concerns should be brought to our attention immediately.
Check-In / Check-Out Policy
- All resort guests and any visitors must be registered. This included infants and small children. We require the first and last names of each guest and/or visitor during your stay.
- Our cabins have been updated with keyless entry systems. A check-in email will be sent to the email used for your booking the day before your arrival with keypad instructions and your unique check-in code, as well as other details about the property and your stay.
- Check-in is after 4 p.m. Central Time. We do not allow early check-ins as we need this time to adequately clean and prepare the cabin for your stay.
- Check-out is before 9 a.m. Central Time. Late check-outs are not available as, again, we need this time to adequately clean and prepare the cabin for our next guests.
- 50% of the cabin rental rate is due at the time of booking with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to arrival. The card you used to book will be automatically charged 30 days before your check-in date unless the remaining balance is paid manually before that date.
Cabins & Housekeeping Policy
- We reserve the right to pre-authorize a cleaning/damage deposit. This is a common practice when large groups are involved or guests are staying with us for the first time.
- All of our cabins are set up for light housekeeping. Guests are expected to wash the dishes, take out the garbage and recycling, and maintain the cabin in a livable manner during their stay.
- Cabins requiring excessive cleaning (stains, damage, smoke, etc.) upon check-out may result in a $200 fee.
- Please report any maintenance or damage concerns to us immediately (leaky faucet, toilet runs continually, lightbulb burned out, hole in the screen, etc.).
- Smoking in or near the cabins is prohibited.
Please be considerate of other guests when smoking outside.
- Do not hog any equipment or amenities. Please be a good neighbor, and share the property with your fellow guests.
- Do not throw cigarette butts, pop tops, sunflower seeds, or any discardable waste on the grounds. Please use the trash receptacles outside of your cabin.
- Glass is not permitted outside of the cabins. If you are using glass containers of any kind, please transfer the contents to a plastic container prior to leaving your cabin.
- Do not leave towels and other personal items on the deck or patio. There are clotheslines located behind the cabins that guests can use.
- Potlucks are fun! We want you to enjoy your meals with family and friends. However, please return all kitchen equipment to where it belongs. You will be responsible for any missing items from your cabin.
- Do not plug in multiple appliances in a cabin at one time as it will likely blow a breaker which may not be able to be immediately resolved.
- Please do not put small fans on a window ledge or in a window as they can damage the screens. We have ceiling fans in many of the units.
- At the end of the week, if you have canned goods or other unopened packaged goods that you do not want to transport home, please leave them and we will donate them to our local food shelf.
- Each cabin may entertain up to two (2) visitors at a time during the day free of charge. If you are expecting visitors during the day who are not registered guests, you must notify us with each of their full names and the approximate time range you expect them to be on the property.
- Please also notify us and get approval before entertaining an outside group (more than two). A charge of $10 per day per person will be added to your bill for each person over the initial two (2) allowed visitors.
- Also, visitors will be charged a fee for the use of resort equipment. This is the ensure paying guests do not miss out on any activities during their stay.
- Visitors on the property after 10 p.m. Central Time will be considered overnight guests and will be added to your lodging bill at a rate of $25 per person per night.
- Woodson Cabins reserves the right to limit the number of guests at any time. We require that all guests be communicated ahead of time.
Camping (Extra Guests) Policy
- All resort guests must be registered. This includes infants and small children. Rates are quoted based on maximum occupancy, and this number cannot be exceeded. This is in compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- We are often asked to allow children to sleep on the floor, to allow tents outside the cabins, or for the use of campers in our parking lot. We are a licensed, commercial property, and per local laws and regulations, we cannot permit this activity.
- Quiet time is between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. Central Time daily.
- ATVs are not allowed off-trailer on property and can be driven on approved trails only. All ATV/UTV/four-wheeler vehicles must remain on a trailer or transport vehicle while on Woodson Cabins property.
- Motorcycles must be parked in the parking lot, not beside your cabin.
- All fireworks are prohibited. We encourage you to attend one of the local displays on holidays.
- Respect your neighbors. Please no loud music, public intoxication, abusive language, or lewd behavior.
- Parking on the lower-level parking lot is limited to one (1) vehicle per cabin. Please park vehicles diagonally along the north fence.
- Please do not park or block access to the sidewalk area. This space is reserved for delivery, maintenance, and emergency vehicles. It may also be used temporarily by guests as a loading and unloading zone. We have carts to transport items from your car to your cabin.
- Boat or utility trailers must be parked in the overflow parking up above or across the road. Do not park along the township road.
- Visitors are not allowed to park in the lower-level parking lot, as that space is reserved for registered guests. Once again, any visitors who are not registered guests in your reservation must be shared with Woodson Cabins management. We require names, ages, and approximate time range you expect them to be on the property.
Garbage & Recycling Policy
- Woodson Cabins prides ourselves on being an environmentally friendly property. Please use the green container is for recyclables (aluminum, steel, tin, glass, plastic) and rinse all food containers prior to placing them in your cabin’s recycling receptacle.
- The blue receptacle outside your cabin is for garbage. We ask that guests clear out the refrigerator and remove the garbage from the cabin before checking out on Saturday morning.
- If extra garbage bags or liners for the wastebaskets are needed, just ask. We ask that soiled diapers or smelly waste of any kind be individually wrapped or bagged before disposing. We keep extra store bags under the sink in the cabins for this purpose.
- Do not pour grease or cooking oil down the drain or attempt to put it in the garbage. If you bring oil for a fish fry, et al., it is your responsibility to safely pack up and leave with that oil. We recommend that you wait for the oil/grease to cool and use the provided funnel in the cabin to put it back in the original container.
- Do not clean fish in your cabin or on picnic tables. Do not put fish remains in any garbage container. We have an indoor facility for fish cleaning. Please refer to our property map
for location. When you are done cleaning your fish, please securely bag the waste and place inside the bin of the freezer provided in the fish cleaning station.
- Absolutely no pets are allowed on property. Our cabins are located in close proximity to each other and the grounds are shared by all guests.
- If we discover or are notified of a pet in a cabin, you will be asked to leave with no refund and additional charges will apply for cleaning.
- If, for any reason, you are licensed to carry a firearm and choose to do so, you are required to notify us that your firearm will be on the property during your stay.
- During hunting season, we understand our guests may be carrying firearms. If you are going to have firearms on the property during hunting season, you are required to notify us. At all other times, please leave firearms at home.
- Swim at your own risk. Woodson Cabins is not responsible for any injuries. Irresponsible behavior on the raft or in the swimming area will not be tolerated.
- Children must be supervised at all times. There is no lifeguard on duty.
- Absolutely no diving from any of the docks or the swimming equipment.
- Fishing from the main dock into the swimming area is prohibited. You may fish from the other docks.
- Do not climb on the rocks along the shoreline. They are slippery and shift easily under your feet.
- Do not throw rocks, debris, or garbage into the lake.
- Do not wash your hair or bathe in the lake.
- Do not leave a stringer of fish tied to the dock.
- Do not toss unused bait into the lake from the shoreline, a dock, or raft.
- Do not pick wildflowers, cut plants, or pull bark from trees.
- Life jackets must be worn when using the paddleboat, canoe, fun bugs, paddleboards, and/or kayaks. Life jackets are available and provided for use in operating the various watercraft and water toys, but to ensure a proper fit, please bring your own life jackets. Woodson Cabins provided life jackets are not to be used to assist swimmers. If a life jacket or flotation device is needed to assist any swimmer, please bring your own.
- Please use equipment in the manner intended. Do not sit on the pontoons of the paddleboat or use it as a diving platform. There are four seats, two in the front and two in the back. There are to be no more than four people on the paddleboat at any time.
- The paddleboat, fun bugs, canoe, kayaks, paddleboards is/are not to be used as transportation to and from the raft. Please keep all equipment away from the raft.
- Taking off and/or dropping water skiers, wakeboarders, et al. from a dock or the raft is prohibited.
Personal Watercraft Policy
- As a guest of Woodson Cabins, you are required to comply with all watercraft laws and regulations in the State of Minnesota, including proper procedures regarding aquatic invasive species.
- Muskie Bay where we are located is small. Use it accordingly. Please travel slowly through the bay until you get to bigger water.
- Our neighbors and other guests object to excessive noise. Be mindful of your noise while using your watercraft, understanding that water can amplify sound.
- Please consider the environment when using personal watercrafts. Excessive use can disturb the loons and the other wildlife in our bay and will erode the shoreline over time.
- Each cabin is allowed one (1) dock space free of charge. Woodson Cabins is not responsible for any damage caused to your watercraft while tied to our docks.
- Jet skis/wave runners are more suited to larger bodies of water. If you bring a jet ski, you will be asked to keep it on the trailer and transport it to the public access to use it. We ask that you kindly do not dock them along our shoreline.
Use of Grill – Campfire Policy
- Do not dump ashes from the charcoal grill out on the ground. They must be allowed to cool and placed in a metal can or bucket.
- Guests are expected to clean their grill after use. Please do so by waiting until the grate cools but is still mildly warm, and completely wipe it down so it is ready to use the next time.
- Do not use the pizza pans, baking dishes, or other kitchen cookware on the charcoal grill.
- If you bring a gas grill or fryer, please use them away from the cabin and in a responsible manner.
- Campfires are permitted in the designated fire ring area only.
- Fires must be extinguished before leaving. Do not use the fire extinguisher from your cabin to put out a campfire. If you do, you will be charged for the clean-up and extinguisher recharging. Please use water or let the fire burn down and smother it.
- By booking your stay, you understand that the sauna is provided for the basic purpose of relaxation and relief of muscular tension. If you or anyone in your party experiences discomfort during a sauna session, you or they agree to immediately exit the sauna and seek assistance.
- The sauna is an adult-only facility. You must be over the age of 18 to use the sauna. By booking your stay, you consent that nobody in your party under the age of 18 will enter the sauna at any time.
- You acknowledge and accept the risks inherent in the use of the sauna, and voluntarily assume the risk of injury, accident, or death, which may arise from the use of the sauna. You hereby waive and release Woodson Cabins from any and all liability, past, present, and future relating to sauna sessions.
- You agree that this policy is a waiver in effect for all sauna sessions and will not expire unless requested in writing by either party (the guest or Woodson Cabins).
- You further understand that owners, managers, and/or staff of Woodson Cabins are not to be construed as a substitute for medical examination, diagnosis, or treatment. You understand that any individual related to Woodson Cabins cannot diagnose, prescribe, or treat any physical or mental illness, and that nothing said should be construed as such.
- Phone or other electronics don't like the heat. If you choose to use any electronics or other technology during your sauna session, you are doing so at your own risk. Woodson Cabins is not responsible for any damaged personal items of any kind.
- You understand that Woodson Cabins has provided an area for personal belongings to be stored between sauna sessions. However, you agree that Woodson Cabins is in no way responsible for the loss or damage of your belongings while you partake in your sauna session.
- Use the sauna on our property at your own risk. Check with a doctor before using the sauna.
- By booking your stay, you have agreed that you understand the risks and have consulted a medical professional. You understand and take full responsibility for your own health and well-being.
- We require any guest who has any health, mobility, or any other condition which requires assistance of another person, regardless of age, to be accompanied by another adult guest at all times.
- Anyone entering the sauna assumes full responsibility for their medical and health condition, including but not limited to, any medications the guest may be taking which could result in a medical emergency or unsafe condition. All guests must know their own limitations and assume all risks associated with any activities in which they may engage in at Woodson Cabins.
- It is advised to drink plenty of water before and after your sauna sessions. It is advised not to eat at least one to two hours prior to your sauna session to avoid any ill feelings.
- Our sauna ranges in temperature. Prolonged exposure to the sauna may cause your body to overheat. Limit yourself to a maximum of ten (10) minutes. Everyone is different, and you need to know what your body can handle for temperature.
- Overexposure to high temperatures and humidity can be dangerous to your health. Exit the sauna immediately if nauseous, uncomfortable, dizzy, or sleepy.
- Use of the sauna after consuming alcohol, drugs, or medications is prohibited. Use at your own risk.
- Be aware that direct contact with steam, sauna rocks, or the sauna heater may cause serious injury. Any metal, including jewelry containing metal, will retain heat in the sauna and therefore is prohibited to bring into the sauna.
- Use care when entering or exiting the sauna. Floors may be slippery and dangerous due to moisture. Use of proper footwear is required at all times.
- Horseplay of any kind, by an individual of any age, is not permitted in the sauna.
- Benches in the sauna are there for your convenience. Please use caution when sitting on the benches. The front bench located along the panoramic bubble window has a low weight capacity and is not intended for sitting. Its intended use is to set your belongings and/or sauna tools on during your session. Sitting on this front window bench is prohibited.
- Leave the sauna immediately if you have an adverse or allergic reaction, including but not limited to difficulty breathing, or eye, nasal or throat irritation.
- Smoking and e-cigarettes of any kind are not permitted in the sauna.
- Glass containers or bottles are not permitted at any time in the sauna.
- The sauna is unisex, which means clothing must be worn at all times. Nudity is not permitted. We recommend a bathing suit. If you prefer to wear a t-shirt, wrap or robe, that is up to you.
- Towels are required to be used in the sauna. We require that you use these towels during your session for cleanliness. Please place a towel on the bench prior to sitting down. Please sit on the towel so that it can absorb any sweat or perspiration during your session.
- There is a maximum of one (1) hour per sauna session. The sauna heat will automatically turn off after one (1) hour of use. We ask that you respect this policy and stay within this time frame. It is your responsibility to keep track of your time limit and make sure that you do not exceed one (1) hour. Exceeding the one (1) hour time limit can result in further charges or dismissal from the property.
- By booking your stay, you acknowledge this policy and waiver of liability. You fully understand its terms and conditions, and you understand that you are waiving and giving up your right to sue Woodson Cabins. You acknowledge that you are agreeing voluntarily and intend by your booking for this to be a complete and unconditional release of liability to the greatest extent allowable by law.
- This waiver of liability and any rights, duties, and obligations hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota, United States of America, and any litigation involving the parties shall be brought solely in the courts of the state of Minnesota.